Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lionheart
I saw a note today that there is going to possibly be a rerecording of Lionheart. I believe I was reading a comment from Yavar about it. I didn't see it brought up here so I thought I would mention it. 

Also I was looking and comparing the track listing for the 3 releases of Lionheart and noticed that some of the tracks on the volume 1 and volume 2 cds were different lengths then on the newer varese 2 cd soundtrack. The biggest difference being the track titled "the future". It looks like it was 5 minutes long on the volume 2 cd but only 2 minutes long on the 2cd release. I don't own anything but the 2 cd release. Can anyone confirm if that 5 min length is a mis print and the volume 2 track of "the future" is 5 min or 2?
“The Future” on the original Varese Vol. 2 album included a straight reprise of the finale cue tacked on after the actual cue “The Future” (same performance as on Vol. 1; we checked carefully). So when I was consulting for Varese on their Deluxe Edition, I recommended trimming it off to not have the same cue twice on the album (and why have the finale music in the middle of the score when we were going for a first time chronological-as-intended presentation?)

I understand why they did it for “Vol. 2” because they wanted to have a strong finish to that album too, but it just made no sense for a properly combined Deluxe Edition.

What other tracks are you thinking of? I’m pretty sure that was the only one modified in such a way.

Yavar
Hi Yavar! Thanks for the info. That makes a lot of sense. The other 2 tracks were "failed knight" which from what I could find was 3:18 on vol 1 but only 2:40 on the 2 cd set. The only other track was "bring him back" but that went the other way. It is 3:22 on the 2cd set but only 2:39 on vol2. It's almost the same change in track length (about 0:40). So maybe that was part of "failed knight" on vol 1 but was added to "bring him back" on the 2 cd set. The tracks are right after the other one on the 2cd set (I didn't notice that until now). So maybe then "the future" was the only big difference.
The Future is the only track length change, due to the repeated cue being removed. All other track lengths are the same as before. It’s possible there’s a track times typo? I’d have to find my physical copy and check it.

Yavar