Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New improved Inchon!
Another Inchon release from Intrada! Improved source! Who will go for this again? I probably will. I can’t help myself.

Coming 2/13.

Intrada FB message from Roger….

Why is Intrada releasing INCHON again?
Intrada has visited Inchon several times since they initially released their first expanded version back in 1988 and each release has sold out owing to the score’s popularity with Goldsmith aficionados. Each release also has its own anomalies, owing to the oft-discussed less-than-ideal recording circumstances that took place in Italy as well as a number of disparate session master elements. Intrada had access to voluminous rolls of tape, including the 1” 8-track masters, which themselves were folded down from the 2” 16-track tapes, numerous ½” 3-track dubdown masters which contained the mixes made for stereo prints of the picture and the ¼” 2-track stereo print masters, which were primarily identified as “safeties” by session engineer Len Engel. We also had both rolls of the original Regency ¼” album masters that included all of the edits that Goldsmith and Engel had out together for the 1982 LP. So that all adds up to a lot of tape!
But each of those formats had audio issues that were compensated for by various means such as the DBX noise-reduction system championed by Inchon’s original recording engineer Engel back in the day, the Aphex Aural Exciter processing unit which he also utilized, and an artificial boosting of the high end to deal with issues on the multi-tracks that likely dated all the way back to the initial 1982 recording sessions and subsequent “dubdowns” made by Engel for the film soundtrack and subsequent record album.
All of our previous releases of Inchon have been assembled and mastered from the various multi-track formats. We have worked with both Goldsmith and Engel’s initial expanded elements that were approved for Intrada’s first release of the score by the composer as well as subsequent remixes for later reissues in which we dropped the Aphex Aural Exciter processing that seemed to create audio issues of its own. The only thing we did not work with were the ¼” stereo safeties, making the same assumption that Goldsmith and Engel had determined: everything in the massive chain of tapes ahead of the safeties would be superior.
But we were wrong. These ¼” mixes were leagues ahead of all the other elements we had gone through. So in all fairness to those two artists who had originally composed, conducted and engineered this powerhouse score, we simply had to go back to square one and reassemble and remaster our last 3-CD release, this time using those ¼” elements and allowing their work to sound better than it ever did before.
Thanks for the Good news!! No brainer for me!
https://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1...egory=-113
Ordered!!!!!! great Jerry Goldsmith the maestro of fim music.